DIY: Air Plant and Moss Picture Frame
Today we are bringing you an elegant yet simple and easy DIY project. This air plant and moss picture frame will help add color, dimension, and texture into your space. Keep reading for a supplies list and step by step instruction guide. Is reading not your thing? No problem! Follow along with our webinar.
- We sell a large variety of both well-preserved forest moss and reindeer moss at the nursery.
- Air plants
- We also sell air plants at the nursery! Despite the name, these plants do need to be watered. But they are still very easy plants because they don’t need to be potted in soil.
- Hot glue gun
- An old picture frame with a hard surface attached to it.
- You can choose to place your moss on the board before you glue to visualize exactly where you want toplace each piece, or you can just see where the journey takes you!
- Place your glue onto the hard surface and firmly press each piece of moss into it
- Next, you add in your air plants. Instead of gluing the air plants to the frame, create pockets within the moss that tuck the plants into. As mentioned above, air plants still need to be watered so you want to be able to remove them when needed.
- Time to place your frame in the perfect spot! Air plants like a lot of bright, indirect light.
We hope you enjoyed this super cute, easy DIY project. Be sure to snap a photo and tag us in it @cambrianurseryflorist on Instagram!
Cambria Nursery & Florist