Herbal Treasures with Kathy Stevens
Call us at 805.927.4747 or stop by the Nursery to register today!
Immerse yourself in the healing qualities of herbs creating your own herbal apothecary. All herbs and materials needed to craft five nurturing home spa recipes.
- Short power point presentations about featured herbs in the recipes
- Tasty treats throughout the day including Lemon Balm Lemonade, Zucchini chai Lavender bread, and Apple Thyme Jelly
- Brewed hot and chilled herbal teas from Verde of Cambria for you to enjoy
- After the workshop, Verde of Cambria in the west village will be open for you to utilize your discount coupon.
- Lavender Sniffy (This is a handheld lavender sachet that can go where you go)
- Refresh Mint (A lively blend of herbs housed in a small jar. The scent refreshes the mind and makes it so much easier to focus on any task at hand. Many uses, even helps folks stay alert when driving.)
- Soothing Body Tea (This recipe will quiet your skin and your worries at the same time. Lavender, chamomile, rose petals, and jasmine flower are mixed and stored in muslin
- Garden Flower Facial (Pamper your face with a sweet-smelling steam. Calendula, rose, lavender, and chamomile flowers are the blooms in this recipe.)
- Dream Pillows (The fragrance of these little pillows will ensure a relaxing, peaceful night’s rest. Mug wort, rose petals, chamomile, and mint are among the herbs you will blend to make these pillows.)
MORE ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
Kathy Stevens is a Master Gardener and certified Master Herbalist. She is the former president of the San Joaquin Herb Society and the author of two herb books, The Herb Garden Club, and The Herb Garden Club, season 2. She lives with her husband, Stan, and a wide variety of herbs in her back yard in Visalia, CA
Note: There will be a lunch break midday. This would be a good time to browse the gardens. Please bring your own lunch though you may not be hungry with all the treats provided. Kathy Stevens’ autographed herb books will be available for purchase.